Council Recap 1/25/2016
The meeting lasted almost two hours. Here is a run down of what we discussed.
1. City is finding innovative ways to add more code enforcement. Currently there is only 1 code enforcer for the entire county. Public Works, Fire and Police Departments will pool resources together to document problems while out performing other duties.
2. Blighted properties being addressed. Several blighted properties on our main roads. We can do better.
3. West Main Street Sidewalk Resolution Possibility. This has been brought up by several council members in the past. Need to keep our citizens safe and give them better walking surfaces.
4. Snow removal went very well. Plan will be reviewed and some roads be moved up in importance.
5. Trailer park sewage issue.
6. City is aggressively going after delinquent property taxes.